Today is the first day of my vacation, Spanish school, and mission trip. Well, really, all I did today was get here and meet my house mates.
I have come to San Pedro Sula to study Spanish for four weeks. The school is attached to an orphanage for girls called Our Little Roses Ministries. So, I'll also be spending time with the girls there.
I left home, so sure that I had everything organized and that I was completely ready for the trip. I had overlooked what it is like to travel alone. There is no one to hold something for you while you dig out out passport or boarding pass, or even a pen to do a crossword puzzle. Now on a normal day, this is not a problem, but when I travel, I'm carrying a whole lot more than I do on a daily basis.
It reminds me of the old comedy routine, "A Place for Your Stuff" by George Carlin. We all have stuff that we need to have with us and we need to keep it safe. Even going to the bathroom in the airport means giving up your seat when you're traveling alone.
But then came the very happy moment when I saw my name printed on a piece of paper held by a man I had never met. It meant that I had not been forgotten and I was not really alone at all. There were all the people here at the Hospitality House, at Our Little Roses and at the school that were my friends - as soon as I can meet them!
Now I'm safe, well fed, and ready for my first night's sleep in Honduras.
Buenos noches!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment